How to Apply
Applicants have to select a lab and earn agreement from the hosting PI of IAMS first. The length of the internship will be determined by the hosting PI. While there will be no application deadline, students need to estimate how much time is required to apply for visa to arrive in Taiwan and then set the date with the hosting PI. IAMS will release utmost 20 internship vacancies every year. The cost of internship (living allowance & airfare) will be covered by the hosting PI on his/ her own funding.
Applicants have to submit the following documents to Ms. Bonnie Lin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the review of the Academic Committee of IAMS:
- A Study plan
- CV of the applicant
- Academic Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Any supporting materials or awards which are helpful to the application
Note: In the study plan, please elaborate preference for the supervisor(s) during the internship, the expectations toward this internship, and the future plans for advanced study and career.
Note: The letter of recommendation cannot be written by the hosting PI.
Living Allowance and Student Obligation
- Living Allowance: Principally, it cannot exceed NT$20,000 per month. In particular cases, the hosting PI is allowed to offer higher living allowance up to NT$30,000 per month, accommodation fee involved, after getting approval of the Academic Committee at IAMS.
- Airfare Subsidy: The hosting PI can subsidize the student half of the economy class round-trip ticket (maximum of NT$10,000).
- Casualty Insurance: IAMS will buy casualty insurance for every applicant during the internship. However, it needs to be paid by the applicant himself/ herself.
- Student Obligation: The applicant is asked to hold a wrap-up presentation, which should be evaluated by the hosting PI, at the end of the internship.