Tel. of office +886-2-2366-8210
Tel. of Lab.
- B.S., Chemistry, 1998, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- M.S., Chemistry, 2000, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Ph.D., Chemistry, 2008, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Washington University in St. Louis, USA (August 2008- October 2008)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Harvard University, USA (January 2009- October 2013)
- Assistant Research Fellow, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (November 2013 – September 2020)
- Associate Research Fellow, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (September 2020 – present)
1. Membrane Protein Research
2. NMR spectroscopy
3. Molecular Basis of Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
2020 Career Development Award, Academia Sinica
2017 Young Scholar Creativity and Innovation Award, Foundation for The Advancement of Outstanding Scholarship.
2009 Fellowship, Postdoctoral Research Abroad Program, National Science Council, Taiwan.
2008 Student Award, The 49th Experimental Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Conference
2004 TA Teaching Award, Washington University in St. Louis
1. Vivien Yeh, Tsung-Yen Lee, Chung-Wen Chen, Pai-Chia Kuo, Jessie Shiue, Li-Kang Chu,* and Tsyr-Yan Yu*
Highly Efficient Transfer of 7TM Membrane Protein from Native Membrane to Covalently Circularized Nanodisc, Scientific Reports, 2018, 8, 13501. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-31925-1
2. Orion Shih, Yi-Qi Yeh, Kuei-Fen Liao, Chun-Jen Su, Pei-Hao Wu, Richard K. Heenan, Tsyr-Yan Yu*, and U-Ser Jeng*
Membrane Charging and Swelling upon Calcium Adsorption as Revealed by Phospholipid Nanodiscs, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2018, 9, 4287.
3. Yustina Yusuf, Julien Massiot, Yu-Ting Chang, Pei-Hao Wu, Vivien Yeh, Pai-Chia Kuo, Jessie Shiue*, Tsyr-Yan Yu*
Optimization of the production of covalently circularized nanodiscs and their characterization in physiological conditions, Langmuir, 2018, 34, 3525.
4. Vivien Yeh, Yin Hsin, Tsung-Yen Lee, Jerry Chun Chung Chan, Tsyr-Yan Yu*, and Li-Kang Chu*
Lipids Influence the Proton Pump Activity of Photosynthetic Protein Embedded in Nanodiscs, RCS Advances 2016, 6, 88300-88305.
5. Tsung-Yen Lee, Vivien Yeh, Julia Chuang, Jerry Chun Chung Chan, Li-Kang Chu, Tsyr-Yan Yu*,
Tuning the Photocycle Kinetics of Bacteriorhodopsin in Lipid Nanodiscs, Biophys. J. 2015; 109(9), 1899-1906.
6. Matthew T Eddy, Tsyr-Yan Yu*, Membranes, Peptides, and Disease: Unraveling the Mechanisms of Viral Proteins with Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance 2014; 61-62, 1-7.