Tel. of office +886-2-2362-4956
Tel. of Lab. +886-2-2362-4955
- B.S. , 2002, Electrical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan
- M.S., 2004, Electro-Optical Engineering, National Taiwan University (NTU), Taiwan
- Ph.D., 2011, Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, USA
- 2019 – Present Associate research fellow, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- 2012 – 2019 Assistant research fellow, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- 2011 – 2012 Postdoctoral research fellow, Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light, Germany
- Label-free interferometric scattering bioimaging
- Single-molecule membrane biophysics
- High-speed optical microscope techniques
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- The Ta-You Wu Memorial Award (2021) Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- The Young Scholars' Creativity Award (2020) Foundation for the Advancement of Outstanding Scholarship, Taiwan
- Junior Research Investigator Award (2019) Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Career Development Award (2017) Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
- Bor-Uei Chen Memorial Scholarship Award (2006) The Photonics Society of Chinese-Americans (PSC).
- Taiwan Merit Scholarship (2006) Ministry of Education, Council for Economic Planning and Development, and National Science Council, Taiwan.
- Hsiao YT, Tsai CN, Chen TH, Hsieh CL*, "Label-free dynamic imaging of chromatin in live cell nuclei by high-speed scattering-based interference microscopy," ACS Nano, ASAP (2021).
- Huang YC, Chen TH, Juo JY, Chu SW, Hsieh CL*, "Quantitative imaging of single light-absorbing nanoparticles by widefield interferometric photothermal microscopy," ACS Photonics, 8(2), 592 (2021).
- Liao YH, Lin CH, Cheng CY, Wong WC, Juo JY, Hsieh CL*, "Monovalent and oriented labeling of gold nanoprobes for the high-resolution tracking of a single membrane molecule," ACS Nano, 13(10), 10918 (2019).
- Cheng CY, Liao YH, Hsieh CL*, "High-speed imaging and tracking of very small single nanoparticles by contrast enhanced microscopy," Nanoscale, 11, 568 (2019).
- Cheng CY, Hsieh CL*, "Background estimation and correction for high-precision localization microscopy," ACS Photonics, 4(7), 1730 (2017).
- Huang YF, Zhuo GY, Lin CH, Hsieh CL*, "Label-free, ultrahigh-speed, 3D observation of bidirectional and correlated intracellular cargo transport by coherent brightfield microscopy," Nanoscale 9, 6567 (2017).
- Huang YF, Zhuo GY, Chou CY, Lin CH, Chang W, Hsieh CL*, "Coherent brightfield microscopy provides the spatiotemporal resolution to study early stage viral infection in live cells," ACS Nano, 11(3), 2575 (2017).
- Wu HM, Lin YH, Yen TC, Hsieh CL*, "Nanoscopic substructures of raft-mimetic liquid-ordered membrane domains revealed by high-speed single-particle tracking," Scientific Reports 6, 20542 (2016).
- Lin YH, Chang WL, Hsieh CL*, "Shot-noise limited localization of single 20 nm gold particles with nanometer spatial precision within microseconds," Optics Express 22(8), pp. 9159-9170 (2014).