Tel. of office +886-2-2366-8240
Tel. of Lab. +886-2-2362-4943
- B.S., 1993, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- M.S., 1995, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Ph.D., 2002, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Rice University (2002–2004)
- Assistant Research Fellow, IAMS, Academia Sinica (2005–2013)
- Joint Appointment Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, National Tsing Hua University (2007–)
- Associate Research Fellow, IAMS, Academia Sinica (2013–)
- Quantum optics and quantum information science
- Nonlinear optics at single-photon-level
- High-performance optical quantum memory
- Cooperative radiation phenomena, such as superradiance and subradiance
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- The 17th Yu-Ziang Hsu Award on Papers of Science and Technology, 2019.
- P.-J. Tsai, Y.-F. Hsiao, and Y.-C. Chen*, "Quantum storage and manipulation of heralded single photons in atomic memories based on electromagnetically induced transparency", submitted to Phys. Rev. Research, 2, 033155(2020).
- Y.-C. Wei, S.-X. Lin, P.-J. Tsai, and Y.-C. Chen*, "Memory-based optical polarization conversion in a double- atomic system with degenerate Zeeman states", submitted to Scientific Reports, 10:13990(2020).
- P-J Tsai, and Y-C Chen*, "Ultrabright, narrow-band photon-pair source for atomic quantum memory", Quant Sci. and Techno., 3, 034005(2018).
- Y-F Hsiao, P-J Tsai, H-S, S-X Lin, C-C Hung, C-H Lee, Y-H Chen, Y-F Chen, I. A. Yu*, and Y-C Chen*, "Highly efficient coherent optical memory based on electromagnetically induced transparency", Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 183602(2018).
- Y-F Hsiao, H-S Chen, P-J Tsai, and Y.-C. Chen*, "Cold atomic media with ultrahigh optical depths", Phys. Rev. A. 90, 055401(2014).
- B.-W. Hsiao, M.-C.. Wu, C.-C. Lin and Y.-C. Chen*, "Low-light-level cross-phase modulation with double slow light pulses". Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 193006(2011).